Monday, February 1, 2016

On-the-Go Toy Kit


Our next door neighbor and Luisa's best friend recently celebrated his second birthday. It was so nice to hang out with friends, eat good food, and watch the little ones play. This will sound funny to you Michiganders, but I'd never been to a basement party before and I thought it was brilliant. Most houses don't have basements where I'm from in North Carolina! The party vibes were so nice and casual, and it was easy to keep the kids contained in one room in the basement. Juan and I dream about a finished room in our basement one day.

My friend Caroline had a genius idea: Every child left the party with a goodie bag filled with perfect on-the-go toys. Think tiny containers of Play Doh, a small Slinky, miniature bubble wands, tiny balls and plastic animals... Caroline told me that the toys are perfect to keep in a lunchbox to take with you on a trip or even just to a restaurant. That way your child has a kit ready with special toys that they don't see every day to entertain themselves. I love the idea, and can't wait to try it out tomorrow at dinner with my in-laws. :)

For every day, I keep a small set of Tegu blocks in my purse for Luisa. It's just the right size and has saved the day a few times already. She loves it, and it also makes a great birthday gift. If you'd like, join my Facebook group - I always post when Tegu pocket pouches go on sale.

(Photo from Luisa's first birthday party)

_____________

A2KidsStealsandDeals.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment